creating a torrent

duongj89

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I now own a mac and just downloaded Version 0.9.1.2 (15399). Am I understanding right (from this forum) that there is no way to create a torrent or download from an RSS feed yet? I haven't found any documentation with regard to setting these up on the mac version. All tutorials I have been able to find relate to version 1.8 (windows). I want to get away from Vuze (mac) and get back to utorrent but it looks like I will have to wait a bit more? is that right?

uhm, my answer was pulled of here because "that was a feature request".. maybe is a feature request but is was present a tieme ago in windows version... a lot of time bygone since last release of mac µtorren.

there is a ugly turnarround.... use vuze or transmission to create the torrent and after load in µotorent.

but I still thinking this "feature" must yet in µtorrent... or why is the ned of mac µtorrent if you cann't do this basic feature

@Ryall: I'm not a developer. My only association with BT is that i'm a moderator in the mac section of these forums. I don't have any say in what does and doesn't get implemented or when it will happen.

@ezmac: There's nothing wrong with feature requests. However, the Announcements section is not the place for them.

//Moved this thread to the feature requests section. Should have done so months ago..

• 3 weeks later...

Take Tomato. Start it, select "Create Torrent", do it, close the app. Finished. Simple as that. And no disadvantage of uTorrent, because it`s still 0.x and works fine.

Take VLC for example. It just lately came out as a 1.0 version, but the app got bigger and better by time. Perfect. And it`s even open source! So there are MANY MORE ppl that develop it and it still took its time...

How`s the saying in English? -> Rome wasn`t build in a day. (Actually it was Build R01 at this day xD)

• 5 weeks later...

OK, it's clear but you donn't say when, there is a lot of time that first µtorretn mac beta was released.... at this moment is like to have a car wttih you can go only foewards. ( hope donn't get a ban again to say that)

sory I a beta tester for 2 importants products, and I've liberty to say every time what I'm waiting for

Archived