Speed settings.. what should I be using with utorrent?

Somnus

Here is the information from DSL reports:

2006-01-19 04:36:14 EST: 6052 / 935

Your download speed : 6052 kbps or 756.5 KB/sec.

Your upload speed : 935 kbps or 116.8 KB/sec.

Right now I have no caps set in the client at all, and I am using the latest version (as always).. 1.4.1 build 406. My speeds have been killed in the newer versions over the last beta build of 1.3. I know there is a hidden cap now, but when no limits set, why would it be affecting me?

If I use the older version uTorrent 1.3.2 Build 398 Beta, I have no speed issues at all. My upload and download are perfect. Usually max out in fact.

What is the problem?

Uh, try capping it? Use the speed guide and use the xx/1Mbit option. And turn on peer.lazy_bitfield.

Have you changed any other options? Starting fresh may help. (delete settings.dat and settings.dat.old from %AppData%\uTorrent)

What exactly does the peer.lazy_bitfield do?

And no I have no changed any other settings relating to speed. Mostly just the GUI and not being prompted each time a torrent is started.

On a side note, I LOVE this punbb forum. It is so freaking fast. I installed a test forum about 2 minutes ago, and it is _destroying_ phpbb speed wise.

It might not have all the features, but for a simple board.. this thing rocks...

Archived