Can I turn Off Auto IP Banning?

karmus

But i think at least you could give chance to turn it off, or change the value higher. I also have the same problem, and i think it happen because my ISP were very unstable at the time, and i had many disconnects. It caused packet fails -> hash fails. I really like uTorrent, and it has many options, and i think to have control over this options would be really good. THX

Well, theoretically, yes. But i think we cannot really prevent newbies from screwing things up. I know it is a good thing to leave it this way from one point of view, but in my case, which in i'm not really sure it's rare, the isp suc... khm... really unstable... This unstablility could case hash fails, and uTorrent bans several ips. I'm saying this, because my uTorrent BANNED 6 ips, after 6 hash fails altogether, which is really strange, because Firon said: "It blocks seeds/peers that give you 5 hashfails.", which means 1 IP / 5 hash fails. I'm just trying to say, that both viewpoint is reasonable, but i think to have control over an option like this, is somewhat relevant (i think).

Just my thought: The developers of uTorrent made a really good job, but it seems that they didn't count with the problems of unstable internet connections.

It is just a thought. If i'm wrong, please forget what i just said. :)

THX

I understand totally what you're saying, and sympathize with your situation. I'm not saying that it wouldn't be useful for you personally, just that I think it's probably best to leave it out of the app, or at the most, include it as a cryptic advanced option.

Guess you should wait for the official word ;)

Archived