Jump to content

What's a router, what's a gateway, and what's this thing beside me?


Recommended Posts

So I have a black thingy these dudes put in my desk when I contracted internet (I make it sound like an STD xD). A telephone cable goes in, and some other cable goes out, and into my computer. What exactly is this thing?

Also, what is a router and what's a gateway? I think my black boxy thingy is one of these, but don't know which.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Create New...