Hashcheking crashes µTorrent

downloader50

My computer has crashed a couple of times this week. When restarting µTorrent 1.3 or 1.4 and hashcheking the torrent i am currently downloading it crashes again and again but always at a different % of the hashcheck The computer will not respond even the mouse opointer is stuck its a case of power off and reboot. If i open the same torrent in Bitcomet it hashchecks ok and carrys on downloading. I have deleted the µTorrent %AppData% folder but this didnt solve the problem. Has anybody else had this problem and if so have you got a cure.

I realy want to use µTorrent but cant carry on like this and my other fav bitcomet is banned.

RAM can go bad in any given second, so it isn't entirely out of the question. :/ Also, like Switeck said, it could be something else that's making µTorrent crash on your PC. Have you ever hash-checked a torrent (in µTorrent) that didn't crash your system? :|

Going on from previous answers.

I have an Athlon 2600 xp

512 ram

2 x 80 gb hard drives

µTorrent crashes my computer not just the client when hash checking

It crashes nearly every time i need to hash check a complete file but not always

I have run adaware, Norton antivirus, Spybot search and destroy and all found nothing

I have 2 hard drives and it crashes on hash check from a file on either drive

No other software has been installed for a few weeks

Archived