HELP with firewall/forwarding ports/no incoming connections

Kringhaug

Hi, im getting the message "no incoming connections" and a yellow sign in the down right of my uTorrent. My computer is connected with a cable to a linksys wrt54g router, which is connected to a SpeedTouch 546T2. If I connect directly to the SpeedTouch 546T2 i get "Network OK". I've tried following the guide at portforward.com but it didn't work... Possibly because it tells me to turn of upnp and thats what the SpeedTouch 546T2 uses. My ipconfig /all ipv4 looks like this:

Ethernet-adapter Local Area Connection 2:

Connection-specific DNS suffix : lan

Description . . . . . . . . . . : Marvell Yukon 88E8053 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller #2

Physical Address . . . . . . . . . : 00-18-F3-EB-09-36

DHCP Enabled . . . . . . . . . . : Yes

Autoconfiguration Enabled : Yes

Koblingslokal IPv6-adresse. . . . : fe80::7448:3b0c:6b04:d257%9(Foretrukket)

IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.102(Foretrukket)

Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . .: 255.255.255.0

Lease Obtained . . . . . . . . : 12. januar 2009 19:06:52

Lease Expires. . . . . . . . : 13. januar 2009 19:06:52

Default Gateway . . . . . . . . .: 192.168.1.1

DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 10.0.0.138

NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Aktivert

(if some of the names are wrong it's because I had to translate them from Norwegian....)

Im using Norton Internet Security Online 2008 (I think it's 2008) but I've given uTorrent complete access to everything.

Although I have the yellow dot I still have download speed, only that it sucks(0-40kbps)... However my upload is around 67kbps. My internet speed is 12mbps/630kbps

I think this is about all the info i have.....

Any help would be really appreciated

Okay, I set up uTorrent for recommended settings as you said, now my upload stays at 60 kB/s all the time(which is great), but my download speed goes up and down between 20 and 40 kB/s and this is killing me!

The torrent im downloadin has 16628 seeds, with 22 connected to me and 16552 peers with 2 connected.

>:-(

Edit: It goes lower than 20 kB/s

Try completely uninstalling Norton Internet Security Online 2008, as it's likely still interfering with uTorrent.

If you do manual port forwarding (static LAN ip for your computer, fixed port forward on the router) then you do not need UPnP...and UPnP can possibly interfere if it's still on!

Archived