UXOS I, one peer got stuck.

Martin Levac

1.4.1 (b405)

I had a small problem while seeding just now with one peer (Azureus 2306) getting stuck at 7.9% with UXOS I flags. The O flag wasn't showing on other peers even if unchoke appeared to work fine in practice. I was just not sending that peer anything for about 20 minutes until I set a low connections limit to force this peer to reconnect. Once the peer reconnected, it showed it at 43% and I'm sending it data normally. I don't think I can repeat this problem at will, I didn't do anything out of the ordinary.

There was at least one other seed and about 10 peers.

ML

• 2 weeks later...

1.4.1b406

It just happened again and I wasn't sending that peer anything until I stopped and restarted the torrent. It seems if the optimistic unchoke falls on one peer that both snubs (S) and is not interested (X), it gets stuck and stops sending this peer anything but keeps the connection open.

ML

Why would I unchoke it if that was the case? The first time I had this error I wasn't sending anything to this peer for about 20 minutes and the same flags were up UXOS I. It's like once in a while, the optimistic unchoke cycle breaks if certain conditions are met and that one peer just hangs.

I think the second time it happened as I was finishing the torrent and began seeding it.

ML

Archived