trouble seeding

nismo62

i have forwarded my ports, set up a static IP, disabled DHT, and have done a few other odds and ends, including reinstalling utorrent entirely, and following everything in the sticky except patching that file (i'm on vista). i have checked glastnost and my ISP is apparently NOT interfering. i have also disabled the only firewall i had (windows).

i have been seeding 11 torrents, between 200mb and 5GB in size each, for about 4 days from a private tracker to which i DO have an account. the downloading is super fast, and i have no complaints. each torrent has peers. i have only uploaded to 2 files, one with 800kb, and the other with an impressive 24MB (all of which happened overnight).

if i watch my torrents, it looks like a peer attempts to connect every minute or so, and i upload .1kb (some packets, i assume) for a split second and they get dropped. sometimes, the status indicator on the bottom of the screen says no incoming connections, though for the most part it says network ok. i AM connectable.

can anyone please help? if you need more information, just let me know. thanks!

aww... thanks for the info. at least its not my fault.

are there any other websites like glastnost that are up to date ?

edit: i need to update my problem- i just realized that if my torrents are from a public tracker, i can upload just fine. i have gotten speeds above 60 kb/s. it is only this private tracker that is difficult to connect to.

not sure how i didn't notice this before, sorry. i'm pretty sure this means it cannot by my ISP. =/ can it be something else?

Archived