UTorrent won't allow me to select files inside torrent

thedza8

I have the latest version of utorrent 1.81 and running Windows Vista home basic.

Now I've checked the "Show a window that displays the files inside the torrent" so that's not working for me, it just adds the torrent and I don't have any way of editing what files I want to download. I've tried to reinstall utorrent and had the same problem.

I don't know if there is a way to select the files outside of that window popping up?

I hope that someone can help, this is a killer part of utorrent and it's worked for me on my other computers????

Help!

Thanks,

Dza

Weird issue, I already saw this prbm on the boards... :/

Anyway as partial solution, you can unselect all files in the torrent when you see the Add Torrent box then go to Files tab and change the priority from Skip to Normal (right click or use keys ctrl+a or mouse to select more one torrent) for the files you want to download.

Thanks for the reply. I'm not clear on your response though, specifically "see the Add Torrent" box, at what point would I see that? When I add a torrent to the client it starts automatically (although i know that i can change the setting to have it start after) so I don't know how to get where you are saying in the process.

I've read on here something about clearing the UI settings in the registry or something?

Yes, when you add a new torrent in uT (and if you have selected this option in Settings > UI Settings > "Show a window that displays the files inside the torrent"), a dialog window appears where you can choose the storage location for your data, the tracker list, the files to skip, DL/UL limits etc...

If you cannot choose the files to skip with this window, you can skip all files by default, validate the new torrent and rignt now go to Files tab to select the files you want to download.

I know it's a temporary and partial solution but it should work.

Anyway did you try to reset the columns with a right click when you add a new torrent ?

resetwy1.th.jpg

Archived