Win7 and download speed

Typhanus

I'm experiencing the same problem. Dual booting with XP/Win7, in windows 7 my download speed at MOST hits 30-40k but rarely for long, on the same torrent in XP ill max out at 140k a second (which is about the max I should be seeing).

Anywhere i've been able to find windows firewall options i've made sure to turn it off. Using 1.8.1 on both Windows installs. The other oddity is that after anywhere between 5 minutes to several hours of downloading the wifi connection drops completely and knocks me to limited connection until I reconnect to the router.

In WinXP neither of these issues ever show up.

Hi, just registered to say that I have this issue too,

I'm dual booting Vista/Seven, on both OS I'm using the default setting for a 10Mbit connection, I'm not using wireless, and already tried to download the latest Ubuntu iso with windows firewall disabled. Speed are in the 100K~, while usually reach 900K+

The icon on the statusbar is yellow, but in my case it's normal as I'm behind un unconfigurable NAT, the lack of incoming connections never hindered my speed that much, so I don't think they are the issue in this case.

Just to be sure, all drivers are up-to-date, I'm sure of it.

I'm seeing this also. uTorrent starts of at normal speed and soon drops to snails pace in Win 7 beta. My XP machine with the same torrents is normal and fast. A possible clue is that quiting uTorrent rarely does just that and it apears to hang. I know it is suposed to carry on in the background for a few seconds to log out of the trackers etc but in Win 7 it apears crashed.

• 2 weeks later...

I see the exact same...

another thing I see is that the disk seems to be overloaded with 100%, this usually causes my dls to be slower on vista, but then I stop rendering and then it speeds up again. Could it be this?

A third thing I'm seeing is that I can't close utorrent. It just sits in the Task Manager, and I can't even kill it...

Do we see an update coming?

thanks,

Archived