A brief (but I think important suggestion)

AzDoom

First off, great program, low memory footprint. Kudos to all involved with the coding.

I would like to see an option for "open with" when I right click a file from the files subtab if that is possible. Sometimes I dont want to use my default program when i open a file, and it would be nice to save the step of opening the pertaining directory and cut right to the chase with things i download.

Thanks to any dev who reads this, and if I get a reply, I will donate to your program. I will donate even if I dont get a response :)

-Az

Hi - to my knowledge, "open with" is a windows feature and it would be available to use if you opened the containing folder and then right click on the file. I believe Windows allows you to disable this feature as well, to save overhead; but to implement it into uTorrent would be redundant programming and may violate a copyright of Windows. The moderators would know for sure, but I expect no one wants to get MS attention for copyright issues. If "open With" is disabled I think it can be re-enabled through the "accessibility" tab in "accessories" or maybe the "Tools" tab.

It wouldn't violate copyright. The opposite is true, it is actually a feature of windows to be able to call that dialog (%SystemRoot%\system32\rundll32.exe %SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,OpenAs_RunDLL %1 for example).

However it is a minor (almost bloat) feature as it is just two clicks further away (Open Containing Folder, R-Click file/folder).

P.S. You can't donate to this program. :)

OK I was thinking of the concept of uTorrent using program code to duplicate a function of windows within uTorrent. MS and Apple had fights over the look, feel, and function of software; but I guess maybe this would be too small a feature to cause concern. Or as you say simply not an infringement. My speculation :)

Archived