Files Availablity

dandan86

(I know about the graph in the general tab, that's not what I mean) Would it be possible to add a feature that can tell us the pieces' availability in a swarm in the Files tab.

In the Files tab, maybe be able to switch between two modes, "Availability" & "Normal" (or just add a new column, i don't know, I'm not that much of a creative person). In the Availability mode, it would show us the same as the graph in the general tab, but this way it would be more visible/readable as it will show the peices' availability details per file.

• 5 months later...

I second this. Now that I found out that relocation of files in multi-file torrents have been possible for quite some time, I start to believe anything is possible! ;) I made a request about seeing the availability in 2006, which was put into the trash section because there apparently already were requests for it then. I can't find any open threads about it now however.

So if I rewrite my old suggestion slightly:

Sometimes it would come in handy being able to see which specific files in a multi-file torrent that are popular, and have many seeds and peers. I'm thinking of having the total numbers of pieces available in proportion to the total number of pieces in the file, so you can rank the relative "popularity" between files. This value should have a column under the files tab. It's no different than the shade of blue for the graph in the general tab really, only that you can see it for each file in a simple way.

Archived