Utorrent can't set ports

msdz

Downloaded Utorrent and for some reason I can't set the port in the Speed Guide. I tried deleting Utorrent a couple of times but still after I install again I still am not able to set the port I normally use. When I test the port it currently is set at I still get the green OK. Really should not worry about it since I get the green OK but it has me puzzled cause I use to be able to set the port, I can't even try to put a port # in, it is blanked out with a preset # already.

Should I try removing one more time and then open registry editor and remove all traces of Utorrent in the Registry? Some help would be nice to get things back to normal again. I did an format and fresh install recently reason why I had to reinstall Utorrent.

The textbox in the speedguide lets me edit the port number, also with UPnP and/or Randomise port on startup (normally disabled for me though since I manually forwarded a port)

Under what condition is it greyed out?

The port setting is probably not saved in the registry, so messing with the registry is not very likely to help

I got it guys, thanks for all the help.

Another question though about the UPnP though. Should both the boxes be unchecked in the connections tab of preferences, the ones dealing with enabling NAT-PMP port mapping and enabling UPnP port mapping? As I said, I never paid attention to these settings before and I was able to set the port in the speed guide before I did the format and fresh install of Vista. Are these normally enabled by default?

If you forward manually your port in the router, uncheck UPnP and NAT-PMP in uT. In addition, UPnP and NAT-PMP can be used only if your router supports these mappings.

In my case, my router supports UPnP so it's more comfortable to use UPnP mapping when my local IP changes when I switch between wifi and ethernet.

Archived