Strange seeding behaviour (beta 406)

naugas

I have configured utorrent to have three active downloads and max four active torrents. I have "Seed while ratio" set to 125%.

Now, I'd like utorrent to follow those rules - in the sense that finished torrents try to reach my set ratio before new downloads are started, but it seems impossible...

If I don't check "seeding tasks have higher priority", there's always only one finished seeding torrent, other finished torrents are queued because new downloads starts instead. If I check it, downloads sometimes doesn't start at all because there are finished torrents with no uploads. "queue.dont_count_slow_ul" is true.

This seems very much like a bug?

(edit: I really think the dont_count values should be configurable...)

No, it's perfectly normal behavior (apart from one thing). Downloads have higher priority (unless you tick seeding tasks have higher priority), so you end up with 3 downloads and 1 seed.

What DOES sound like a bug is that queue.dont_count_slow_ul doesn't seem to work when you turn on seeding tasks have higher priority.

And why should it be configurable? 1 KB/s is fine for virtually everyone, except maybe 56kers, which shouldn't be using it in any case.

slow_ul should be configurable, so another torrent could start seeding with full bandwith, instead of being blocked by one with lets say 2 kBps upload...

edit: And same for slow_dl - why should slots be occupied with torrents that use only a fraction of the bandwidth available?

I've filed a bugreport. It didn't work in 1.4 either.

If possible, please delete bug #161 someone... it's a double post - got an error message, so I posted again.

Does anyone see what I mean with being able to change the dont_count_slow values?

Archived