Red flags for all U/L and D/L

Old_Bean

I'm not getting any error messages or firewall interference, but I'm not connecting to any trackers at all. Is there some setting that could be doing this? I've tried re-downloading the torrent and uTorrent is an approved program in my AV program.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Phil

Remove any entries of uTorrent in your software firewalls and AV program -- which also sounds like a software firewall!

Then re-add uTorrent entries to them.

Your ISP (Rogers Cable ISP in Canada?) might be interfering with BitTorrent traffic...but I'm not sure they'd go so far as blocking trackers.

Does the Open Office test torrents (mentioned in 1st link in my signature) download ok?

It's used because it's know to be good and downloads very fast. You don't need to complete the download OR use it for anything, just use it to test your connection.

Probably uTorrent got updated and the AV thought uTorrent had gotten corrupted and was partially blocking it. Really lousy of the AV to not block uTorrent completely in that event...because was it REALLY virus-infected, the AV would be letting it access the internet and LAN!

Archived