µTorrent 1.8.2 released

Firon

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so.. is this content releaser feature is safe? the way it automatically starts downloading stuff and re-added itself after being deleted is kinda scary - only if the person using it doesn't know what it's doing.

but well, its still a great feature. good work on this :)

We have posted a new build that fixes the Vista/Windows 7 crash with the bundle. This build is only available via bundling for now.

Here is a quick rundown on bundling:

You can bundle either a .torrent, a .btsearch, or a RSS feed using a special bundler on utorrent.com. Upon execution, the bundled executable will install itself if necessary and desired, and then do the appropriate action for the bundled content. It will download a torrent, add the search engine to the client search list, or bring up the RSS feed dialog.

This is done by downloading a URL of the form http://utorrent.com/bundle.php?u={URL of .torrent/.btsearch/feed}

Unfortunately, the action to do with the bundle is determined by the URL that is attached. URLs ending with *.torrent will be treated as a torrent, those ending with *.btsearch will be treated as a search definition, and all others will be treated as feeds. We are planning on determining type more intelligently in the future.

If the bundled .exe is run while uTorrent is already running, the bundled .exe will send a message with the bundled information to the running client, and then terminate itself. If the bundled .exe is installed, the bundle will be used on first run, but should not be used in future instances of the installed client. However, if the bundled client is run in place and not installed, the bundle will be run on each client start.

Please feel free to add any bugs/feedback/suggestions about this feature and build :)

Ano... I'm currently using 1.8.1. Is 1.8.2 way more superior than 1.8.1? I've a download at 70% completion so... :)

I'm using a usb modem, currently subscribing 384kb/s connection. Does it mean that my connection type is xx/384kbps?

The connection is really slow but I don't know what to do. I'm not a computer whiz. I tried portforwarding.com, but my modem's model ain't there (Huawei E220). My current download is at about 1-4 kbps, so it's kinda torturing. :(

Hope to get some advice from you guys. Thanks in advance.

(FAQ is very difficult for me to understand as they use a lot of technical terms. Sorry for the trouble... hope you don't mind if I post this.)

Archived