uTorrent for Mac: How to get started?

Magellan

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, I don't know who pissed in your cereal but you aren't helping anyone by being nasty with replies. Just put up a status page with "not ready" on it. Update it once a month so people don't wonder if you've forgotten about it. If you're truly not interested, there are others who will implement it -- the protocol is known. People have no updates and they're curious. Many companies would kill for people begging for their product. Telling people you plan to drop development because they're asking for an update is insane.

I did the search of your forums for the keyword "10.4", and half the articles are in "Trash", with no idea which forum they came from originally. The first hit is this DarkKnight kid trashing someone for posting in the wrong forum. I don't know if there's administrative work to be done or what, but blasting users for "not searching" when the search turns up way too many hits with different levels of nastiness isn't productive. Make a sticky on the forum and point people to one place, like most other projects do.

If funding is an issue, make it $20. Put some money in your pocket. Obviously there's interest. There's no shame in charging for something people want. Hell, I'll throw you $20 for it. If you need people to help code, let people know. We all have different levels of ability and someone might be able to help you. You might be very pleasantly surprised.

Until then, those of us using VM's can simply use another version. Not everybody has that option or level of understanding though. I prefer not to have to boot XP in Parallels, I'd rather use 10.4 natively.

I really hope you feel better tomorrow. JFC, even my ex-wife wasn't bitchy all the time.

Guys, I don't know who pissed in your cereal but you aren't helping anyone by being nasty with replies.

EVERY user that posts without searching.

EVERY user that posts without giving the information that we request.

EVERY user that posts without even reading the rules for the forum.

And you and your fellow users pestering us about support for 10.4 won't get it done any faster.

Trolling forum administrators by calling them kids (when they're not) won't get you anything but banned.

We have NEVER given out ETAs for requests like this.

EVER.

Make a sticky on the forum and point people to one place, like most other projects do.

And people STILL do NOT read stickies because they think their issue isn't there even when the sticky's topic name is their exact issue. It's annoying as hell.

Archived