error on port checker

busy_bee

I keep on getting an error message when I try to check if my port is forwarded properly. But I'm sure I forwarded it properly. I went through all the steps on portforward.com. I set up a static IP, had to find the DNS numbers on the status page of my wired router and am able to surf the net normally. Most of the time, utorrent is showing a green arrow at the bottom and I'm downloading (although VERY slowly), but when I do the check on the port, I get an error message and it's never been this slow before. The only firewall I have is windows firewall, but I even turned it off and it didn't make any difference. Does anyone have any ideas? This is very frustrating and all the previous posts, FAQs and tutorials haven't been any help.

Yes, sorry, I mean the green checkmark at the bottom :) With a lot of research, I discovered I do, in fact, have an ISP proxy that was recently added. Will this impact my downloads now forever or am I just unlucky that all of my downloads right now are VERY slow? I doubt I'll be able to disable or bypass my ISP proxy... LMK.

Archived