The torrent you are trying to add is already in the list of torrents

Hi, a torrent from a private tracker, and the same torrent from another private tracker (so I can seed in both). When I finished downloading the torrent from a tracker, I tried to add the other tracker just to seed and I keep getting the "The torrent you are trying to add is already in the list of torrents..." message. I have 50 torrents from another tracker that I want to seed. The files can't be the same because it's a private tracker and each .torrent has my private key :(

Why do some torrents work, and why do some not work?

I have downloded over 300 torrents from another private tracker just to seed the files I already have. But 50 of those torrents give me that message. Why do some work and others not?

I can't "load the trackers" because then I can get banned for cheating.

What can I do?

1. Take a Python interpreter here: http://www.python.org/download/ and install it.

2. Copy script from here: http://paste.uni.cc/17825 (v2.0) and paste in your text editor (i.e. Notepad)

3. Save as seed.py to the directory where the "problem" torrent file is located (i.e. C:\torrents)

4. Go to Start -> Run... , type cmd and click OK

5. Change current directory to the aforementioned one (i.e. type cd c:\torrents)

Important: Exit uTorrent and wait for its process to finish (wait for one minute to be sure, or check for the presence of utorrent.exe in Task Manager)

6. Start script with torrent filename(s) as one or more arguments: seed.py "torrent filename #1" ["torrent filename #2" [...]], i.e. seed.py "Torrent file.torrent"

6.1. If you have a separate installation of uTorrent (with .dat files in the same directory with utorrent.exe), input the path to you resume.dat file (i.e. "c:\utorrent\1.8 alpha\resume.dat" ) as the first argument, like this: seed.py "c:\utorrent\1.8 alpha\resume.dat" "Torrent file.torrent" (but your uTorrent executable file must have a name "utorrent.exe" for the script to work)

7. Follow the instructions on screen

8. When script finishes, start your uTorrent and seed the new file as you do normally.

Do I really have to do that?

Thanks!

It's not a question of passkey but hash. If the 2 torrents from the 2 private trackers have the same hash, uTorrent will add the announce of the second tracker to the torrent job with the announce of the first tracker.

If the hash is different (even if the data are the seame), you need to have two separate torrent jobs, one for each tracker.

But I don't see what is your "cheating" issue... :/

You just need to go to the properties of the torrent and add the 2nd announce after the 1st one.

Of course to have a good report of your ratio for each tracker you need to disable DHT/PEX/LPD for the torrent.

Anyway to keep the privacy, it's not the best thing to bridge the 2 swarms if DHT/PEX/LPD are allowed (very rare and offen with a misconfiguration of the tracker).

Archived