Port Forwarding Problem !!!

dpk100

Hello,

I keep getting the message about port not being forwarded, the yellow icon. My computer's configuration is:

Firewall: Kaspersky Internet Security (KIS) 2009

Router: DI - 524

I tried these methods to resolve the issue but they did not work:

1. Un-installed the KIS.

2. Opened the port in my router after following the instructions from http://www.portforward.com.

3. Tried uninstalling and installing the latest uTorrent client.

Can you suggest me any more trobleshooting ideas to get the uTorrent to work?

Thanks in advance.

Here are the screen shots:

2ym9mp1.jpg

24kweoo.jpg

2j5hxfr.jpg

wlwtp1.jpg

I have verizon FIOS. I directly get a CAT 5 cable from outside and plug-it into the router. I used to have Vista Home Premium before and uTorrent was working without any issues. It's only after I upgraded to Vista Ultimate, I started getting the port-forward issue.

I'm getting exactly the same message from the uTorrent port checker. I've also followed the instructions on www.portforward.com. Interestingly, when I initially set up my static IP address, my download speeds rocketed up to 150-200 kbps. I should have left it at that. I then followed their instructions to open the relevant port on my D Link rouer and I was back down to 10-30 kpps. Either way, at no point has uTorrent recognised that a port on my router is open.

I've also opened the relevant port in Vista Firewall, to no avail, and also played around with the router firewall settings.

I'm having the same identical problem

So you have the exact same model of D-Link router?

Running Vista Ultimate?

With software firewall Kaspersky Internet Security (KIS) 2009?

Otherwise, how is your problem "identical"?

Does your router show its WAN-side ip as a proper internet ip?

...If no to any of these questions, you really should start your own message thread and LIST your problems and equipment!

Archived