Can NOT Seed after Restart - Returnil

chacherry3

Hi there! I use a program called "Returnil" it wipes my C drive clean after a shutdown/restart. ...it is the best progam ever... but not for someone who wants to seed after a complete download.

NOTE 1: Returnil is a virtual machine...it allows one to do anything and everything to thier PC without touching your OS, thus protecting your PC even from yourself (GRIN) some of you may know what I mean. You can find out more about Returnil online. (use your search engine, you will find it...AWESOME program)

NOTE 2: All my Utorrent directory settings are set to go to my external drive

NOTE 3: I have tested a backup of Utorrent's folder ...found in my application data under documents and settings on C.

This did save my settings on downloading torrents but NOT the settings of the completed torrents for reseeding.

It shows an "error, can't open.." on the 4 torrents I have sitting there that ARE complete and ready to seed.

Please tell me where to find all files on my C drive for a torrent to backup to external and then replace them after a restart in the morning. (perhaps there is a hidden file?...some kind of temp file?....?? )

Please Help me with ANY tips and ideas on how I can get this to run properly.

Thanks a Bunch, chacherry3.

Hello and thank-you for the quick response!

Yes that is what I thought as well...however, there is some setting for the completed torrents that gets lost after a restart.

The files are exactly were they are sup0posed to be (On my external),...Utorrent loads them, but there is an error. "can't find..."

I have backed up Utorrent's folder to external (as instructed)

I restart PC, ...copy and paste right over the existing files.

This did save my settings on downloading torrents but NOT the settings of the completed torrents for reseeding.

It shows an "error, can't open.." on the 4 torrents I have sitting there that ARE complete and ready to seed.

hmmm...I think you might be on to something here...now I see there are no torrents in the appdata...(well some old ones are there that do not belong, long story) ...Now that you asked me that question, I have to ask you if I am saving torrents incorrectly. In my Utorrent Directory I have "Store torrent in: " directed to go to my external.

...I think I am going to try to go back to all the default folders and do some testing. How can I ask utorrent to go back to default folders?

Archived