RSS feeds not downloading through proxy

jibba

Hi,

I have privoxy installed as a local proxy on my machine, and I've set utorrent to go through it for HTTP requests - but now RSS feeds don't download! Utorrent can connect to trackers for torrents through the proxy just fine. If I open the RSS config window and click Update Now I can see in the proxy logs utorrent's trying to get the RSS feed, but nothing appears in the RSS window, and utorrent just goes back to "Next update in..."

I tried the beta 406 build but it's the same. If I proxy IE or firefox through the same proxy, they have no problems getting the RSS feed, so I'm guessing it must be a bug in utorrent? I can't think of anything dumb I could be doing. :D

• 1 year later...

Hi, I have the same problem. I use Tor and privoxy installed as a local proxy through HTTP requests. utorrent connects to trackers without difficulty but will not get any RSS feed. When I change to 'none' for proxy in the connections dialogue box, the feeds come through with no problem.

Any suggestions how to keep my local proxy on and still get feeds??

bikerboy

• 3 weeks later...

I am having exactly the same problem. Although in my case, usually RSS feeds without Cookies worked correctly, but if the RSS URL had ":COOKIE:", the request that went through to the proxy literally had that URL, returning a 404. Is this going to be fixed in 1.7?

Archived