disconnecting inactive peers

wpkjr

I thought inactive peers were supposed to be disconnected after 5 minutes seems this one got by the rule somehow and is now up to 30 minutes instead of 14 like the image.

FYI: I though setting it to 75 seconds would work until I read the Help page on the advanced settings

inactpeer.jpg

maybe this can be looked into in a newer version other than 1.8.1

I tried 1.8.2 everything stayed updating so reverted back.

thanks for looking into this and thank you for the great job on the program.

I have this creeping suspicion that you didn't read the manual carefully enough, otherwise, you would have provided us with the information DWK asked for, without our having to ask.

peer.disconnect_inactive: Enabling this option tells µTorrent to disconnect from a peer that is not transferring with you after peer.disconnect_inactive_interval seconds of inactivity. A peer gets disconnected by this option only if the connection limit has been reached.

And uh, good job being a leecher?

I've been a bit stressed/edgy as of late, so let me apologize to you for jumping the gun. I'll need to watch myself and tone myself back (or just take a break for a bit :P).

Let me ask, though... What kind of connection do you have? That is, what are the connection's upload/download rates? The settings that you're using seem to be abnormally high (outside of the upload rate limit, of course). What does the Speed Guide show your current settings to be?

Archived