Total Number Of Cores: 2

L2 Cache: 4 MB

Memory: 2 GB

Bus Speed: 800 MHz

Boot ROM Version: MBP31.0070.B07

SMC Version: 1.16f10

Mac OS X 10.5.6

utorrent 0.9.0.4 (13906)

I was downloading 2 large torrent files at 14% when utorrent hanged. I had to restart the mac to remove utorrent from the dock, and after the restart both torrents were listed at 0%. While the torrent said 2.5 GB of 13.3 GB transferred after attempting force recheck it remained at 0% downloaded. It seems that utorrent fails to see

downloaded data. Is the only way to start the torrent from scratch? :(

Here's the log from the hang reporter but I don't see anything here that would help.

Date/Time: 2009-01-30 10:50:57 -0700

OS Version: 10.5.6 (Build 9G55)

Architecture: i386

Report Version: 4

Command: uTorrent

Path: /Applications/uTorrent.app/Contents/MacOS/uTorrent

Version: 0.9.0.4 (13906)

Parent: launchd [102]

PID: 150

Event: hang

Time: 10.03s

Steps: 61

UPDATE:

It appears the reason utorrent cannot find the original data is because it some how created a new directory to download. I was downloading my torrents on an external drive called backup drive (which I made as the default download directory) and I have since downloaded several smaller torrents but I was unable to locate them. However when I right click on Show in Finder they appear just fine. Clicking get info it gives the path /Volumes/Backup Drive, but I verified that they are not on my external drive. Indeed the space available doesn't match with the external drive. So I go to /Volumes which is a hidden folder I see that the external drive is now named Backup Drive 1 (but it is still named Backup Drive mounted on the desktop), while there is an unmounted directory named Backup Drive which it is now downloading torrents to. It seems crazy that it would create a new directory and cause the external drive to be renamed as a result, especially since the external drive has been plugged in the entire time. This is a semi-serious Bug.

Archived