I love this forum its so clean

faltanitor

smf was one of the alternatives listed to the original phpbb forum that we had, but apparently the smf team are ignorant and know about potential flaws yet dont bother to fix them. personally my favourite is invision power board. secure and fast and very easy to manage, hence why ya have to pay for it. although punbb does have some strange behaviour occasionally its still a pretty good board.

invision can be quite hard on the cpu, but if u got the hardware to cope with it then its absoluately great to use. i do tend to find phpbb is alot easier to skin than ipb though. phpbbs main downfall is that it doesnt some with the quick reply box and the mods for it arent that great.

IPB is very nice, no doubt about it, but it's also very bloated and slow. It doesn't feel responsive for any of the boards I've seen with it. PunBB is a lot nicer in this respect. The next major version (1.3) has a cool new extension (or was it plugin...? The two are different, and will both coexist) system where you just drop files into a folder and enable it in the admin panel, and everything works. No manual file editing. But the base software will still be very clean. Now that's hot xD

Archived