Sudden and strange uTorrent problem.

Ftmch

Well, up until today uTorrent has worked fine for me, but suddenly it stops live messenger and firefox from connecting to the internet properly, as soon as I start uTorrent it instantly causes the browser and messenger not to get any response (if I'm online on messenger it doesn't even say anything, people just don't recieve what I'm writing, and I don't recieve anything from them), in mozilla, the pages just load and load, and nothing happens.

This started today, and I haven't changed any firewalls etc. Does anyone know what the problem might be? (I tried changing "number of half-open connections" to 4 instead of 8).

Oh, and I guess I should mention that uTorrent still works fine when this happens, it's like it blocks everything else from working, even though I'm not downloading things at great speed (like I said, it blocks the other things AS SOON as it starts).

I've also tried the program ABC for downloading torrents, and it seems to work fine, however, I kindof prefer utorrent.

I'm using Vista 32 bit.

My value is 0 aswell, however, it seems like removing and addiing rules about uTorrent in the firewall and antivirus-software solved the problem, which is a bit embarassing, since that's what I should have tried right away (I did try to disable the firewall before, but that was only after the problems had started, so I guess the error had already messed things up by then).

Edit: I was wrong, the problem reappeared as soon as I started a download with uTorrent.

I reinstalled uTorrent completely so that all settings were reset (removed the uTorrent-folder from all the hidden folders in C: etc), and now it seems to work, I will test it a bit and see if the problem comes back.

Edit: Nope, apparently that didn't work, the problem comes back after a short while when downloading something. :/

I registered just for this...! It's happening to me and its infuriating! I have Vista 32bit, Virgin Media, use the Linksys Router WRT54G (with hyperwrt + thibor) and everything was working until a couple of days ago when I updated utorrent, I find browsing near impossible when utorrent is open and msn keeps signing in and out! I've changed no settings on utorrent and everything works ok when I close it! Oh and my max speeds seem to have reduced to about 1/10th on utorrent for some reason...!

Cheers for any ideas!

Edit: Fixed! Thought going to all the (little) effort of registering on here would help...! I've disabled upnp on both utorrent and my router and removed all the many port forwards to be replaced by the one I need for utorrent. Am sure I may have broken something else in the mean time but browsing + fast utorrent works :)

Archived