Lost Port Forwarding

tequilarose

I use uTorrent v1.8. I know how to forward ports and have done it many times for peer-to-peer networks. Though for some reason after some time the port isn't recognized and connection speed is lost.

Example.

Downloading a file using uTorrent v1.8, 377 Seeds, 2031 Peers at an average of 80kb/s; clean connection, port was working fine indicated by the green check mark icon at the bottom of uTorrent app.

Couple days pass, close to 50% completed. Then the yellow caution icon shows up at the bottom of uTorrent. No connection to seeds or peers. Once in awhile after I restart my router I'll get a connection to one peer at about 1 to 5 kb/s but quickly lose it.

Do forwarded ports expire? I've forwarded about a dozen ports in the past month. I checked all my virus protection and firewalls to ensure there's nothing happening there. Their clean.

It may be a really obvious answer but any ideas?

Im having probs too with NO icon indicating my connection. I use the bought full version of PFC config to sort my port forwarding out automatically. Worked fine at first, but now its stopped all connections to uTorrent and my downloads. I checked my router and the latest updates for it...NETGEAR DG834G v3 and its fine. All the settings are as they should be. Cant figure out what the problem is. My Internet connection kept going down and Windows reset my IP address. Ive sorted the problem out now with the connection to the pc but not to UTorrent. Any advice out there for an old silver surfer who isn't exactly pc literate at sorting out technical problems like this. Need to d/l some files for my kids' kids when able. Thanks guys. Lee

Same thing here. As soon as I downloaded the update or upgrade, I have changed nothing and now I've lost the ability to port forward. This happened yesterday when i got the update I've lost the ability to share anything. I never have ever had the icon turn red on me ever before and I am wondering what is going on.

Thanks

Loving the whole portforwarding thing!

But it seems to have gone horribly wrong - start up 1.8.2 utorrent, goes from yellow triangle to green

Happy user!

Then a couple of minutes later green circle goes back to yellow triangle

All the settings seem to be OK within vista and until latest upgrade its been fine, but since then its gone a bit pear shaped

Any ideas?

HG

Archived