Computer Resources with utorrent 1.8.2

Xtor

Hi:

I recently upgraded to 1.8.2 and my older problems return. These include:

Using Win98

1) Running utorrent with IE 6 (just one or two windows open), low in computer resources happens when running utorrent for a few hours. Applications (including IE or wordprocessor) are no longer able to display their interface properly (running out of bitmap resources). I just have to restart the computer.

2) Auto shutdown functions only sometimes (shutdown after all downloads are complete, etc) ,because utorrent crashes and hangs the system.

My utorrent settings are the same as before the upgrade. I chose upgrade without erasing old settings. The settings include:

disabling DHT (Can be found in Preferences > BitTorrent)

disabling UPnP and NAT-PMP (Can be found in Preferences > Connection)

disabling peer.resolve_country if it isn't already set to false (Can be found in Preferences > Advanced)

lowering maximum global number of connections to 40

(Can be found in Preferences > BitTorrent)

Lower net.max_halfopen to 4

These settings helped to solve my resource problem with the last version, so I keep them for this upgrade, but apparently no longer works.

I can't use the older version because the new upgrade named utorrent.exe overwrote my old file which I failed to keep a copy (my regret)

Anything else I could do to avoid this problem ? (no OS upgrade please)

Thanks.

I do have process explorer to check for the "extras" but all processes are what I expected, no extras. Have virus / Spyware scanned , nothing found. I am very careful with my system (minimum installs , don't have software I don't need. Cautious about my surfing habit, etc). Thius problem only pops up after the upgrade. I wish I still had the older version of utorrent.

Switeck runs µTorrent with Windows 98 -- if it were a problem inherent with µTorrent itself, we would almost certainly have heard a complaint from him as well. That's why we need the additional information as moogly requested: so we can check to see if there are any potential conflicts.

Archived