BT Broadband, Utorrent Download speed suddenly plummeted

cwebb12345

first of all here is a recent speedtest I just did.

02964553.png

Its not great but it should be doing more than My current download speed, the file I am downloading is 3.71 Gig and yesterday it was doing over 100 kbs, now it is only doing 1-5 kbs. I understand that BT limits bandwidth at certain times of the day but usually for me its fast in the mornings and slow at night. Hopefully this can be resolved soon, Also I have updated my ports and checked to see if they are accepting connections and thats all fine and ive adjusted my settings to the speedtests results and thats still fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey sorry I didn't reply sooner, It wasa late when I posted this and I was tired so I forgot the URL for the forum, Anyhow I just popped in the options, No immediate changes in the results but I'll wait a while and see if it works after that

Also, heres how many seeds n peers I have for my download, 13(137) Seeds and 4(477) Peers, The dl rate has smooothly been about 2.5 to 5.0 kbs for a few days and the only other which I started yesterday has 10(29) Seeds and 3(18) Peers, thats been about 5.0 kbs to about 20 kbs.

Large torrents and small torrents alike often have seeds leaving within an hour of becoming a seed.

10-40 minutes seeding a small torrent is very beneficial to the swarm, but for large torrents that took many hours to download...not so much.

The end result is download and upload speeds on very large torrents become roughly equal if your settings are GOOD...and download lower than upload if your settings are bad.

Private trackers that force seeding for days on end go against these rules, but they are artificial constructs that do not reflect real supply and demand.

Archived