quick question regarding creating a queue of downloads

carlton99

I'm quite new and have downloaded a single item before but wish to set up a few things to download.

I've created a list but they are all downloading at once.

Is it better to download one and then when theta finishes it will start the next one or doesn't it matter.

If this method is best then how do I set it up please.

I just added them and they are all downloading at the same time - there are 3 items.

The goal is to give "enough" download and upload speed to each torrent to be worthwhile both to yourself and others.

My rule-of-thumb is at least 10 KB/sec upload speed PER active torrent...though you don't have to count a nearly dead torrent at full value if you set its upload speed and upload slots lower.

Probably far more than 25 KB/sec download speed per active downloading torrent...but each downloading torrent ALSO has 10 KB/sec upload speed each so that's probably the limiting factor on how many torrents you can effectively run at once to maximize both download and upload speeds.

2nd link in my signature for examples, though they're only specific for upload settings.

I had the same similarly the same issue, but slightly different. Regarding queuing downloads in uTorrent, is there a way to queue individual files inside the downloading torrent so that once one file inside the torrent finishes, the next one in that same torrent immediately starts? I find that rather more helpful than having to wait for the whole torrent or all the small files to finish downloading as that might take more time.

Thanks

Archived