If anyone can help

mosesport

I'm sorry if this thread is in the wrong section. I had random problems with my computer (I'm running XP pro), and I had to reinstall the OS. Long story short, obviously none of my previously running torrents are in uTorrent since it's a fresh install. Can anyone assist me with getting any of the torrents back into uTorrent like the ones I was seeding? I've read through the FAQ, and it stated that you can just load .torrent files back into uTorrent. My problem seems to be none of my torrents HAVE .torrent files with them. Is there a way to put previously seeding torrents back in? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

.moses.

I did read this as well. Part of my problem is that I never had the .torrent files. Maybe this is my retarded doing, but I'm fairly positive whenever I open new torrents, I don't 'save as'. I'm pretty sure I just 'open with', so the .torrent files probably saved to some temp directory...in which case they're ALL gone since I reinstalled the OS.

It's not possible, uT needs to keep a copy of each .torrent to work.

uT saves a copy by default in folder %appdata%\utorrent (or in the folder you set in Preferences > Directories).

Anyway if you didn't back up this folder, you have to retrieve each .torrent from tracker.

Are you running Windows OS?

uT saves your history and settings in folder %appdata%\utorrent

http://www.utorrent.com/faq.php#Where_are_the_settings_and_.torrent_files_stored.3F

Type %appdata%\utorrent in Win Explorer bar.

And read the FAQ, all I have written here is explained in the FAQ.

So if you don't have a copy of your torrents to resume, you NEDD to retrieve each .torrent on trackers and load them in uT (and choose the folder where are your data).

Archived