Version 0.9.1 has been pulled out.

Firon

I don't get all the hate towards this version!

I've been checking this forum for 2 months to see if the partial download has been fixed (my only major issue with uT) and now when its finally fixed I'm happy to ditch Transmission forever ^^

Yes, uT is not as feature-rich or polished sa Transmission is, but Transmission has been around for MUCH longer and I think they have more people developing it, but in the current state uT for Mac is the best Mac torrent-client for my needs and its still in beta.

Keep up the good work!

I'm sorry if I offended someone. I really didn't mean to. I'm sure uTorrent is a marvelous app to be and I am eagerly waiting for the first stable release. It's just that considering all the experience uTorrent team has (and I assume it does), development might be going a little bit faster and more productive.

I understand that porting Windows version to Mac is not that simple, but still, while all the technologies from the Win version of uTorrent are well known by the developers, it shouldn't be too difficult to implement them in uTorrent for Mac. I might sound like an amateur (and most likely I do), but still, I'd like to see uTorrent for Mac getting stronger every day and not buggier as it is now.

Cheers!

I's like to thank the developers for the last release and the overall development of uTurrent for mac.

I've been a dedicated user of uTorrent on Windows for years, and when I changed to Mac just before christmas, I was glad to find a beta out for uTorrent on mac. I have tried Transmission as well, but maybe it's because I'm used to the uTorrent interface, but I reckon uTorrent is superior to Transmission. It is also very mac-friendly I think, suits well in the Leopard GUI.

And to the guy complaining about slow development - shut up. Since you, as you said yourself, are no programmer, stop demanding things to happen when you don't know the first thing about them.

Idiocracy.

2 mefi:

First of all, I don't demand anything. I just expect. Hope, you get it clear.

Secondly, I don't need to be a programmer to say what I want about the programme.

Thirdly, stop bashing people for what they think and say.

I wouldn't say a single bad word about this beta of uTorrent Mac were it not so buggy.

Oops! But still, you shouldn't be so rough. Telling someone to shut up is not the best way of arguing and particularly not the best way of making someone change his mind. In my turn, I'd like to apologize for the above misunderstanding.

Calcadium has his full right to say what he wants (as long as it's not a bashing in any form), just like you, me and anyone else. So, let's be polite and tolerant to each other. (Gosh, now I sound like a priest! :)))))))

Regards!

Honestly, I've been using uTorrent for the PC since an early beta release and refrained from using any other client after my terrible experiences with them ever since (Azureus, BitComet, etc..). I've heard about the development of a Mac version a long time ago, and been expecting it since then. Every time I looked at Transmission, I wished I could have had uTorrent instead. Transmission was slow, inconsistent in downloading speeds and was a pretty big memory hog.

Now I've got them both. uTorrent 0.9.1 and Transmission 1.50, and I find myself using Transmission way more often. Now, what others need to realize, the same way I did, is that uTorrent is still in a beta state, meaning that the developers are still looking for ways to fix current issues, improve/modify current features, and make the software as stable and bug-free as possible. Since Transmission is miles ahead of having to cross that road, comparing them would be like comparing Red Alert 3 to a beta version of StarCraft 2. It's just not something that you do, and there is no argument about it.

You want to compare? compare a finished product to another finished product. Not good enough? compare Transmission in the state that it was 2 months after its first release to the current uTorrent build.

uTorrent wins.

Debate is over.

Frisky, you're pretty right, probably except for that statement 'µTorrent wins'... Being totally objective I'd say it's arguable. I guess, time will reveal the real winner. Gee. %))))

Competition between the developers will in the end bring us two superior apps. And we will just have to decide which one to use. :) And, dear God, that will obviously be a hard decision to make. :)

Archived