Slashdotted (indirectly)

the article isn't worth the webspace it takes up. I like the fact that most of the pros for Azureus in the comments are stuff already in µT :lol: even one person mentioning the rss plugin as a pro :D

Cool beans though, the slashdot users seem to like µTorrent. :P

Built in Java, Azureus will run on just about any OS, and it is certainly worth trying, especially if you're willing to take the time to explore its host of options.

I wonder what kind of computer the editor was using that he'd not say instead

"Built in Java, Azureus kills off all other movement on almost any computer while running."

The article is useless ("Azureus ... takes up only 151KB"), but µT is getting pretty good comments from slashdotters.

I checked and I was stunned to find out he was right. Of course, he didn't take into account the Java runtime engine that had to run along with Azureus, or that what makes bloatware is not its size on the disk (with multi-GB disk drives, who cares) but the size of it when loaded (RAM is much scarcer resource) and most importantly how fast the computer can move with the darn program running (the mysterious system resources being the most scarce resource of all)!

Well despite them only reviewing v1.2.2, Utorrent was still the editors choice.

Just feel happy they didn't review 1.3. That will sink uTorrent's rep to the deep ocean forever...

I don't know about 1.3 either. I went straight from 1.2.2 to 1.4 because I used Azureus for awhile since it somehow was getting good uploads for me and my computer can handle it.

P4 3ghz hyper-threaded CPU, 800mhz front side bus, 1024 megs of physical memory & 2048 megs of virtual memory. :cool:

Archived