.!ut not removed when finished

hughbear

Using utorrent 1.4 build 402, P3-733, 512M, 80G WD sysem drive, 200G WD storage, WinXP SP2

There seems to be an inconsistant bug where the .!ut suffix isn't removed upon completion of the torrent. I noticed when I tried to play a cd that was seeding. CD1 directory contents was okay but CD2 contents was still marked *.flac.!ut and so obviously wouldn't play. I stopped and removed the torrent hoping that would cleanup the filenames. After restarting the torrent I found CD1 with *.flac.!ut but CD2 was okay. I disabled the feature and all was well, except now I've found a dvd I burned contains files marked !.ut. I copied them back to my drive, restarted the torrent and the files are all complete.

i found a similar issue and, though i do agree that there is some funny thing with this, quite often the !ut isnt removed because:

youre trying to use the file

you have an explorer window open showing the directory contents

if you strop and start the torrent a couple of times, it realises its finished.. this affected me because i download to one location and move completed torrents to another. i had a window open showing the contents of a folder so UT couldnt move it to completed.. it also left the !ut names... more info in a thread posting i madea about it

Archived