high upload killing all downloads

lazybug

Hi,

I have a slow internet connection (256kbps) and I am using utorrent 1.8.1

I keep the download speed as unlimited and upload at 10kB/s and usually set it to unlimited when not using the computer.

Recently, I checked that few of the torrents are being uploaded much more than its set to and it is not a sudden burst.

Even when I set the upload limit for a particular torrent to 1kB/s; it will upload at 20-30kB/s.

I dont mind sharing but this kills my other downloads and if I'm working online, this really messes it up.

I have also noticed that the high uploads are happening only for a few leechers (some/most of them using proxies).

I want to know, how I can stop this massive uploads and limit them to a reasonable value (at least when I am working on the net).

I have tried to set the value for download/upload - 1. by right-clicking on torrent entry on the main page of utorrent and also using the preferences (CTRL + P).

Any help will be welcome.

Thanks.

"Limit Local Peer Bandwidth" checked in preferences, BitTorrent?

Global upload rate limiting NOT set to "Automatic" (a checkbox) in preferences, Bandwidth?

(You want to manually control it with a fixed limit instead!)

Are you allowing more connections than I recommend for 256 kilobit/second upload in my Speed Guide (2nd link in my signature)?

Are you sure you have 256 kilobit/second upload speed max?

Often even with slow connections, max upload is less than max download.

Archived