Slow download with Relakks - help?

Fawked

**Edit: Forget it, we can just close this topic. I have had confirmation that my ISP is throttling Relakks connections, and I just paid for a f**king years subscription of relakks vpn. somebody kill me please.

Hello, I'm Adrian from Malaysia. I'm using Tmnet Streamyx. Because my ISP throttles my BT so I'm paying to use Relakks. About 2 weeks ago I didn't have any problems with uTorrent and Relakks, everything was max speed. Recently I was having problems connecting to Demonoid trackers ONLY, TPB trackers worked fine. I have read and re-read all the settings and am currently using Switeck's conservative settings. Now all trackers are detected nicely but my speed is is still slow. Normally my upload + download speed would equal about 110kb. On average i would download about 80kb and upload about 35kb. But now, I can only donwload at about maximum 35kb and upload at about 30kb.

Things that I have done:

# Try lowering net.max_halfopen to 8 or lower (Can be found in Preferences > Advanced)

# Try disabling IP resolving in the Peers tab's context menu

# Try disabling DHT (Can be found in Preferences > BitTorrent)

# Try disabling UPnP and NAT-PMP (Can be found in Preferences > Connection)

# Try disabling peer.resolve_country if it isn't already set to false (Can be found in Preferences > Advanced)

# Try lowering maximum global number of connections to 200? 100? 50? Lower? (Can be found in Preferences > Bandwidth)

# Try patching TCPIP.sys (Windows XP w/ SP2, Windows 2003 w/ SP1, or newer)? Windows Vista users can try this out, but no guarantees are made. Users not on Windows XP w/ SP2, Windows 2003 w/ SP1, Windows Vista, or newer can skip this step.

# Connect your computer directly to the modem to make sure the problem is not caused by the router

I even read some where that NOD32 caused slow downloads. So this is what I have done, I have reformated my pc with Windows XP SP2 (the original version from MS, no tweaks). I did not update anything, no anti virus, no applications nothing. Only Firefox and MSN.

My computer hardware:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83ghz

Mobo: Asus P5Q-E

RAM: Kingston hyper-x 4GB DDR1024 (yea i know xp 32bit only supports up to 3.XX)

HD: 200GB Seagate sata, 1tb seagate sata, 1tb seagate sata

Router: Dlink dsl-g604T

System processes: Only those with a newly reformatted windows XP sp2 + firefox and msn messenger live

I have no antivirus, windows firewall was turned on and off during testing. Ports in my router are forwarded correctly (when I use relakks I don't think I need to forward any ports, either way I forwarded them).

Basically everything was working fine with the same setting till about 2 weeks ago. Given the no change in computer settings so on and so forth, I can only suspect it to be something wrong on Relakks' side.

Also, can my ISP be throttling Relakks traffic? It sure as hell looks like they are.. Any help would be really appreciated.

**Edit: Some how I really feel like a stupid idiot right now. I never thought about trying to use uTorrent without relakks. So guess what, I get better download speeds WITHOUT using Relakks, not great but 5kb more, so I'm downloading at 35-40kb without relakks, with relakks its about 20 to 30kb

Are there any special settings to use uTorrent with relakks on a 1mb upload/ 384k download ADSL?

"Also, can my ISP be throttling Relakks traffic? It sure as hell looks like they are.."

Your ISP is probably throttling ALL encrypted traffic.

So yes.

"Are there any special settings to use uTorrent with relakks on a 1mb upload/ 384k download ADSL?"

320 kilobit/second upload settings in my speed guide (2nd link in my signature). If you want to allow as many downloading torrents as active torrents (3), that's ok too because it shouldn't lower your upload speed per torrent and upload slot.

Archived