bt.use_ban_ratio no longer working?

eger

I do not want to ban any peers. I am trying to turn off banning using bt.use_ban_ratio. Before 1.8.2 this worked fine. Now I have just upgraded to 1.8.2 and it seems this option is no longer being respected. Peers are being banned.

Is there a new way to disable peer banning? I can't seem to find any information on the subject.

It seems to ban a lot of false positives. For example, I try to download a torrent with 5 seeders that contains an sfv file that allows to CRC check all the files downloaded. uTorrent bans all 5 seeders saying they fail hash checks. I disable peer banning and restart uTorrent. I complete the download without any peer banning and CRC check all the files. They are all fine.

I think I understand what you mean. Although the sfv file may contain the correct CRC signatures, the format could be different and modified by the 5 end users. Since the sfv file is usually at the start of the torrent, it fails hashing early on, thus banning the peer and preventing anymore file downloads.

Does this make sense? In this case, maybe it is possible to just filter out certain files from peer banning?

If I get at least one peer that does send the correct hashing for the sfv file then I would still rather download the binary data from any peers even if they send incorrect data for the correct sfv file.

Hope that made sense :P

Archived