Download Speed "drops"

arcanis

I wasn't sure if this should go in the seeding section or the troubleshooting section because I am not sure what causes this. Today, looking to raise my download speeds, I looked through some online documents and I forwarded my port and optimized the settings. It worked great. My download speed went to approx 400 k/Bs and my upload speed went to about 90 k/Bs (I have a few torrents seeding), and this was with only two torrents. After about an hour the total dl speed is 20 k/Bs, but my upload speed is still strong at 90 k/Bs. What could have caused this and how do I trouble shoot?

Thanks in advance!

Arcanis :)

Edit: My computer has a wireless adapter that gets internet from a router. I don't know if that has anything to do with it though.

I have a similar situation. Although my upload speed limit is always set at 50KB/s sometimes, I experience speed drops. For hours, my upload speed is stuck to 23-25 KB/s. Naturally, the download speed follows. I know the problem comes from utorrent since I've tried many speed test during the slow period and the results corresponded to my connection (up: 85 KB/s, down: 500 KB/s). Here is the speed graphic (Grid: 1h, top red line = max up, bottom red line = actual up):

speedrw1.jpg

Archived