Not connecting

RJohnson1984

I have searched all over for the solution to this problem, but nothing works. A couple of days ago I started getting the "No connection could be made because the target machine refused it, etc..." error. My port was previously forwarded properly, I use Windows firewall, with the proper Utorrent exceptions. I even tried changing ports, many times. I cannot connect to the Utorrent server to check for updates. I know there is not any new updates yet, but I figure that has something to do with my problem. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

I don't run Peer Guardian, I have Windows firewall, no other firewalls, I use Symantec Anti-virus and I run Spybot S&D. I've gone over my A/V and Spybot, there's nothing blocking uTorrent there. I deleted th uTorrent exceptions in windows firewall and reapplied them. It still doesn't work with firewall off. I have a ZyXel EQ-660r modem, I forwarded the port, made sure uTorrent was allowed through the modems firewall, then turned that one off and it still doesn't work. If there is any other info that could possibly help, let me know and I'll get it.

I searched all through SAV and there's no firewall. I did a little research and found the same day that uTorrent stopped working was the same day that Internet Explorer was updated by Vista. Strangely enough Firefox still works though. IE says I don't have an internet connection, but obviously that's wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived