download speed is slow

petrasar

hiya all i have a amd athlon 300+ with a 1 meg broadband connection aol is my isp and i also have service pack 2 installed and also windows xp home edition,and my download speed is rubbish i used to use azureus and got speeds of about 110 now i dont seem to get above 15kbps

Version 1.4 has a built anti-leech download limiter that kicks in at an upload limit of 1-5kB/s, it multiplies this value by 3 for the download limiter. Version 1.4.1 beta and onward multiplies this value by 6. To prevent the download limiter from kicking in, limit your upload to 6kB/s if you absolutely must limit it so low, otherwise keep doing what you're doing. That's why I said 15kB/s was a magic number for a particular version.

It your connection is good and other peers can connect to you, uTorrent will put up the Network OK notice only when at least one peer initiates a connection to you (incoming) during that session, otherwise the space remains blank. That's what I've seen in the past anyway.

The best site to check if you can recieve incoming connections in uTorrent is www.grc.com , go to shields up > shields up > proceed > open uTorrent > enter the port uTorrent is currently using and press test custom port, check results. If it reads port open, you can recieve incoming connections, if not you can't so read the stickies in this forum.

Or, run uTorrent's speed wizard (options > speed quide > check port).

ML

-edit- You said your connection is 1Mb so you should be getting around 100kBytes/s download in that speed test, could be it's too far to test properly. No matter, you know that you can get better speeds, go ahead and read the stickies.

hello martin mate i did the port test that i am using and the message said port is open,so i should be ok,but i still havent got a network ok,also on the bottom under tracker i have a message saying tracker offline(timeout)is this why i am having problems

Archived