Utorrent A Network Cable Is Unplugged

pk7677

Ever since a few weeks ago I have been getting "A network cable is unplugged" error when Utorrent is running, the error pops up and then the connection instantly reconnects. Now the error pops up every minute and its impossible to download any file because the speed kept dropping back to 1~10 Kbs. I have a Linksy BEFSR41 v4.1 router connecting to 3 computers in my house, I only port forward my computer to use Utorrent and I have never downloaded anything from my other 2 computers. I have good download speed when I'm not getting the error, I just downloaded a file today getting 1mb down avg 600kb. I have comcast cable, I tested my speed at Speedtest.net averaging 19262 kb/s download and 3813 kb/s upload. Everything worked fine after I purchased my router half year ago, I portforward my PC and never had any problem like this.

The Error only starts when I start Utorrent, and if I close Utorrent the problem will just stay there, its impossible for me to play any online games after I downloaded a file I have to restart my PC everytime.

I have ComCast and used a Linksys BEFSR41 v2 router for years.

I used conservative settings, as I was often running uTorrent on a Win 98SE box...and only "killed" the router if I tried to run more than ~120 global connections at once -- which I typically only did on a Win XP Pro box.

Router overheating is a possibility, though mine never got more than maybe 100-110 F on its outer case top. Inside I'm sure it was hotter.

Even the 2nd link in my signature doesn't give low enough global/per-torrent max connection numbers at 1 megabit/second to keep the router stable.

Your speed test was probably inflated by ComCast's Speed Boost. Your real usable upload is probably between 1 and 2 megabit/second.

same problem here...

utorrent work fine few minutes then Network Cable Is Unplugged message and then dl speed drop down, this only happend when i dl "big" torrents (8GB or more), i have netgear router and KIS instaled. i had simular error with avast and big torrents but solution was to stop avast p2p protection.

Archived