ipfilter doesnt work

darkside40

Hi,

i'm using µTorrent for some weeks now an it works really great.

But there is one thing i dont get to work, the ipfilter.

I already createt an ipfilter.dat and loaded it into µtorrent, in the logger there also is a message that the entries are loaded.

But nothing happens, µtorrent simply doesnt kick client using the IP mentioned in the IPFilter.dat

Can anybody help me?

I'm using µtorrent 1.40

First of all:Don't forget, if a client connects to you via UDP (=the protokol DHT uses), ipfilter.dat is no good since it doesn't check UDP-connections.

At some point it seemed to me that at least not every entry on the ipfilter-list was honored.(That was shortly after the introduction of ipfilter in uTorrent)

Since I didn't feel like going to a few MB of IP entries to find out about the reason, I tossed the ipfilter.dat altogether and went back to Peerguardian, which packs the list to less than a quarter of its size plus even updates automatically.

I couldn't really put my finger on it, but it just didn't feel right, seeing how many Block-Messages I get with PeerGuardian using an identical list compared to what I got in uTorrent logs.

And since PG works on the lower layers of the OSI model, it takes care of any other protocol as well (i.e. UDP). So I never looked back

I can't really say anything about what's going on with the recent builds but I think, if there was a general problem, more people shuld have discovered it by now

In your case, if I really wanted to find out, I would switch off DHT, pick one of the IPs you are connected to and edit it into ipfilter.dat. Then have uTorrent re-read the file by disabling ipfilter in the settings, re-open the settings and enable ipfilter again

if that IP is still connected after that, you know for sure that s/th is wrong.

-DG

i have the same, it doesn't work although the logger says 1 entry.

i have both DHT turned off.

i tried a lot of single and ranges of IP.

it is probabley a general problem, but not many people use it and/or they don't think it's important enough to ask questions about.

i am surtain more people have that problem.

so if anyone has a solution? please

Archived