The new version µTorrent 1.8.2 caused a lot of problems!!

Yehhanyos2008

Hi, I've never had a problem with µTorrent in the past, but i'm facing a lot of problems since i upgraded to the new version (µTorrent 1.8.2).

1- When i first used it, i noticed that it takes full 5 minutes to connect to peers!! then this problem has been solved by itself!!

2- In torrents with several trackers (e.g. 10 trackers) most of them give this error "connection closed by peer" then this was fixed by itself!!

3- In the previous versions i was able to browse the web while i was downloading or uploading. but with the new version, the home page takes 5 minutes to load!!! today it takes 1 minute and half.

4- Yesterday, i left µTorrent running (uploading) for 30 minutes and when i came back, i found this error error.jpg

5- Today, i left it running (uploading) for ~45 minutes, and i came back to find the BSOD

Sounds like, everyday the problem gets bigger and bigger, And i'm not ready to reformat my OS!! What is wrong with the new version? Could downgrading solve these problems? If yes, please tell me how to downgrade without losing my settings and my stats? Thanks !!

At the moment everything seems to be working just fine, actually better than before, i even can browse the web without any problems.

Will post in this thread if something happens!!

BSOD in what? Do you have a minidump?

Sorry, i have not much experience with BSOD errors, All i saw was the error and i don't know whether i have this minidump or not!!

Well, ofcourse i didn't write it down nor was i able to take a screenshot, As far as i can remember it didn't mention any specific software/hardware, all i can remember is "check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed" along with the other usual text.

Anyway, nvm. everything seems to be working fine :)

Everything works like a charm now Firon :) You guys are great developers :) Anyway here is the minidump you asked for Mini022009-01.dmp - 0.09MB

And here is the other minidump file found in C:\Program Files\uTorrent 14458-utorrent.abe2.dmp - 0.11MB

Btw, I apologize because i missed/didn't see the pinned thread "How to report a bug"

That minidump doesn't say much...

Probably caused by : ntoskrnl.exe ( nt+22f43 )

It's either a) a hardware fault or B) a driver issue. Unfortunately, the dump isn't elucidating the root cause this time. I'd suggest to update all your drivers and install every patch and service pack for Windows.

Archived