utorrent v1.8.2 - DHT (0 nodes)

tashfain

utorrent v1.8.2 - DHT (0 nodes)

Hey, I've been using utorrents for quite a long time now, and specifically the newer version since it's been out. I had normal problems now and then with it, but nothing really major. But now for some reason, it just won't download anymore. On the bottom of the page it says "DHT (0 nodes) Login" or "DHT (Waiting to Log In)"

I uninstalled, re-installed, downloaded older version, re-installed that, downloaded newer version again and still nothing works. I tried system restore, I even tried another client like Bitcomet...Also doesn't work.

I'm surprised because it happened so suddenly. I researched a little online, most of the sites recommend forwarding the port. The thing is I tried doing that at least 10 times since the first time I started using utorrents, and I don't know how to continue the steps till the end. Also, all this time, my ports were always closed and the downloads were just fine, so I am assuming it's not necessary.

I found a lot of people online with the same problem, but no one seems to have a solution that works with me....Some help please?

UDP is a transport layer protocol, and is defined in RFC 768

It's a datagram protocol that doesn't preserve order or guarantee delivery. The small overhead and the statelessness of it make it a good choice for things like DHT were lots of messages are sent and received to/from a lot of different endpoints since you still only need 1 socket, obviously ordering and delivery are not important for DHT either. But somehow I doubt you really wanted to know that.

AVG only has a chance at blocking it if you have the AVG firewall, I don't know how Exactly you should configure it, but it should be allowing UDP (in and out) on the port you're using for µTorrent.

Archived