Newbie here with a problem

maddog36

Hello group! I am using utorrent 1.8.2. I beein using this with quick torrent maker. To make a long story short, at first I had no problem uplaoding 4 torrents. Today I decided to take my movies (which I will add to utorrent soon) to an external harddrive to cler up some space on HD C:/ Now Today when logged onto utoorent the files that were uploading now all say "Error: files missing from job, please recheck. What do I do. Is it becuase I mived the location from desktop to HD G:/

how do I fix this?

Hope I am making sense here. thanks group.

Thanks for your reply. I attempted to do what your stated, however, it did not work. To be honest, I am unsure as to which area I need to redirect the toorent that are now stored in the G:/ external HD. I filled in all 5 areas under the directories tab and checked all the boxes. When I start up utorrent, all I get is red x's on all files. Would it be best to unistall the programand reinstall and start out fresh? Thanks again

For the old torrents, you need to do that:

Stop the torrent job, right click > Advanced > Set Dwl Location. Choose the folder on your new HD where are your (in)complete data. Force a recheck. Restart the torrent job.

And for your future torrents, change the paths in Preferences > Directories (as you surely did it).

Archived