Disk Overload

jlaw84

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tried dowloading a 7gb torrent and i get 100% disk overload. I use Firons recomended settings that he posted earlier in this thread. I triet defragmenting the drive but it didnt help. I dont have any security applications installed whatsoever.

Perhaps i should paste my computer specs if that would help...

p3 1000mhz, 256mb ram, 80gb 7200rpm laptop drive.

I have no problem downloading smaller files at full speed.

i have the same problem, i would dl @ 100kb/s and i have changed the diskio.write_queue_size to many diffrent values. currently iam ussing 50000 as the value. I now dl @ 600kb/s, but my speed drops down to zero and i get the disk overdrive error for a while the it shoots back up. Do i need a higher value? Also is there a way to make it upload as fast? Upload doesn't go above 1kb/s. Also how can i find my true max dl speed?

Do you have any anti-virus? And is this happening with beta 427? Is it happening when you -start- the torrent for a few minutes or what?

No AV, no firewall, no nothing. Weird thing is i if i set the max dl speed to 1000kbps it works like a charm but if i set it to Unlimited i get disk overload even if the total speed is below 1mb/s.

I use beta 127.

Same HDD overload here.

Only have a 512k adsl connection so max out at say 55k. Only started recently. Its a 1.38gig file to a 160 gig WD with 20% left.

I tried azureus on the same torrent and all is fine.

Wonder what it could be.

Didnt want to go back to azureus due to amount of memory it eats....

I was getting the "disk overload" message too. The cause was my AV software (Norton AntiVirus 2005) scanning the ZIP file parts I was downloading and bogging down the disks. I hadn't had this problem before. I confirmed that this was the cause by temporarily disabling NAV and my d/l speed shot up to what I have been used to.

Dear All,

I need some serious HELP!

I have been using UTorrent for about 2 weeks now. Couple of days back i faced the problem with Disk Overloaded. I than downloaded the Latest Beta version "µTorrent 1.4.2 Build 428 Beta". But still i face the problem of Disk Overloaded 100%.

I usually downlod files sizing between 700mb-1.4gb and the available Free hard disk space in my machine around 30gb.

Regarding my download speed, I usually download not more than 2-3 files at a given time, and the total download speed is max 30kbs. I use a DSL connection of 256KB/s.

Can anyone help me PLEASE. Do I need to do some changes in the settings, I have not made any change so far, everything is as per defualt.

Help!

Cheers!

Schaz

Perhaps it helps (I have the same problem on one PC!):

In an other forum I saw a message, that only with NTFS formatted partitions can save files bigger than 4,2GB.

FAT32-Partitions will not work with such big torrents.

So I had a look, and mine is FAT32!

Could this be true?

Archived