Disk Overload

jlaw84

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm experiencing disk overload. Suddently all upload and download drop to zero and after a while they rise again...

utorrent 1.6.1 version buid 490

HD Samsung SP250 (500GB 7200 sata2).

win xp 1gb ram. and different HD for OS.

but let's see what happens if i try manually change cache size (prolly more harm) :D

"user7456: Options -> Preferences -> Advanced Options

change diskio.write_queue_size to 8 times your download speed (and no lower than 1000) in kilobytes."

i am using the standlaone version......i dont see the diskio_queue_size anywhee??? whats happening here LOL

• 4 months later...

ok think it works now =D found the disk cache guide.

disabled "remove old blocks from cache" and "write out pieces immedilatey" i still get disk overloaded though but it's not as bad now as before

but very annoying having dl capacity of 10mb/sec and it keeps dropping to 0 cause of disk overload.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

I got that message too, Disk Overloaded 100%

uTorrent 1.7.7

Vista Ultimate 2GB ram, all hard drives are NTFS and there is room.

I have 8mbps/832kbps adsl and since I updated uTorrent from 1.7.6 to 1.7.7 i got that message.

Also my pc freezes, i can't run any application, i can't even turn my computer of or restart it. Olny hard reset helps...

Any solution please?

zyx, separate issue please make your own thread and include the requested logfiles. Also include a picture or text copy of your Speed Guide (Ctrl-G) settings. 8Mbit down shouldn't be mucking THAT much with your hard drives, unless you're trying to run > 4 torrents. A simple fix for this overload message (which in 1.8 doesn't always say 100%) is to use RAID. Yes it's not "simple" for old hardware.. but that's the main bottleneck.

Archived