Element Not Found Error Since Upgrade to 1.8.2

tsh332

Hello. I've been using uTorrent for nearly two years and have been downloading the majority of my torrents to a large Network Drive for more than a year. After recently upgrading to the most recent uTorrent version (1.8.2), I'm constantly encountering an "Element Not Found" Error. This error knocks my torrents offline. I can restart them, however, the error will recurr every 5-10 minutes. I am using the same storage location that I used before the upgrade and this occurs with any number of different torrents.

Suggested solutions for the "Element Not Found" error such as forcing a file recheck do not resolve this problem and I did not have this problem before upgrading to ver 1.8.2 (ever). This appears to me to be a glitch between ver 1.8,2 and the use of a networked hard drive. Anyone else encountering this following the upgrade? Suggested solutions besides abandoning the use of networked storage? Thanks.

Yep. Just found this suggested solution myself and came back to post the solution. Apologize but searching for "Element Not Found" earlier did not locate the relevant post for some reason. May be posting this prematurely, however, UNchecking "Disable Windows Caching of Disk Writes" under Advanced/Disk Cache appears to resolve the chronic error. Thanks for the assistance.

Archived