Highlighting Labels When Clicking a Torrent

TheFlyMan29

Perhaps this has already been suggested. If so, I apologize for the redundancy, and someone please direct me to the correct thread.

My suggestion is this: Assuming I've given all torrents a label with the 'label' feature, could it be possible for when I click on a torrent in the "All" window, that the label automatically becomes highlighted (on the left)? I'm sick & tired of having to right-click a torrent, go to Label, and see which label I've applied to it.

BTW, I don't use the "label" column.

Thanks.

Consider how highlighting works in the Category List. If highlighted, the torrents from the selected category/label are listed, and all others are excluded. Highlighted means "I'm looking at torrents in this category and/or label." To have a highlight mean otherwise decreases UI consistency, and consequently, usability.

The Label column is perfectly capable of fulfilling what you want from your request, so why do you refuse to use it? Why should usability/consistency decrease just to duplicate information that's already available in an equally accessible form?

It's not that I refuse to use the label category, but I'd rather not have to order my torrents around it - since I already arrange my torrents around one category, and that's the "Added-On" category - which I employ as default. I've so many running torrents and various different trackers (I'm a private tracker guy).

I don't want to have to click on a category to see the torrents in it; rather, I want to click on a torrent to see which category it is in (without having to play around with the torrent arrangement in the columns, and then have to change it all back to the "Added-On" column). It's all about saving mouseclicks...

I do see what you're talking about concerning usability. However, I feel that if a torrent was clicked, and it then directly shows which Label it belongs to, it won't confuse people too much. A simple click on the highlighted Label will then show all other torrents in the label. And let's be honest; if utorrenters are already using labels, then they're probably able to comprehend this.

Perhaps you could still provide a highlight (even if in another colour). Usability doesn't have to be compromised.

Archived