How Does One Share Legally

shamashm

I recently received a message from my service provider to say that i was being warned not to upload/download or i would be cut off.

PLEASE HELP. HOW do i know what i am allowed to download/upload without it being illegally. HOW can i check if what i am uploading or downloading is allowed?

I am in london and apparently there are 3rd party companies who monitor and then inform the service providers.

Your help is much appreciated.

Well pretty much anything you download from Limewire or any other P2P networks including BitTorrent would be considered illegal.

I'm not 100% sure about UseNext as you pay to use this P2P service. But even if you pay for the service, I'm guessing your ISP would still consider it wrong as they would most likely be against any P2P.

In Australia if your ISP is against P2P, they simply just block all P2P services and you wont be able to connect to anything.

I'm not talking about in general, I'm talking about what your ISP would consider illegal.

ISP's won't look at individual files you download, but will infact look at where you got the files from. If they are against P2P, they will act on anything that is downloaded from a P2P network.

Archived